First impression is everything. You can spend a lot of time and money showcasing your home or you can get creative, and it could be as little as rearranging your own furniture/accent pieces, to staging certain areas of your home that may need more work. Here is how to wow potential home buyers with your home along with a checklist for the most important areas of your home.
The entrance is the first impression and the invitation to potential home buyers to explore inside your home:
- Lighten up your front entry
- Freshly paint your front door
- Replace the door knob if needed
- Change the doorbell if it is not working well
- Add a good quality welcome mat
- Add eye-catching colourful accents that would put your guests at ease
Resourcefulness costs nothing. With a little creativity, you can give a new vibe to your living space.
- Keep your furniture together to create conversation areas
- Make your coffee table attractive with a tea set on a tray and a few art books
- Have fresh flowers in a vase to add color
- Arrange a few decorative pillows or lamps
Make sure you present your dining room as the focal point of your home. Arrange it to feel spacious, comfortable and entertaining.
- Add a centrepiece, candles, or a large vase with flowers
- Display an attractive dining set and cutlery
- Brighten up the room with lamps
- Bring natural light into the room by removing heavy window treatments
Make your kitchen inviting and the centre piece of your home.
- Place nice hand and dish soap by the sink
- Organize the pantry and cabinets
- Display a bowl of fresh fruit or fresh flowers
- Add new hand towels
The bedroom needs to feel elegant and inviting.
- Invest in new linens, good quality cotton sheets and duvets in neutral colors
- Create a sitting area if possible
- Organize closets and keep them neat
- Use tasteful art to decorate walls
- Add candles, bath oils and fragrant soaps
- Hang some new, clean towels
- Keep the toilet lid closed
- Hide the cleaning supplies and garbage
- Organize bathroom cabinets
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us. We are here to help you showcase your home and make it as marketable as possible. Subscribe to our newsletter, and don’t forget to follow and like us on social media
With love and gratitude